Yarn Haul

So a few friends and I made grand plans to have a crazy touristy day in Glasgow a few weeks ago. There was about six of us and I was determined to be super chilled out about the whole thing (which totally isn't in my nature I like plans, and being early for everything.) We'd start at the Yarn Cake at opening time for tea, a light brunch, and a little shopping. Ha! A great day was had by all but only 3 of us (and a baby) made it to Yarn Cake. For afternoon tea. (It was amazing.)

And I didn't take a single photo. I'm good at this right?

I did buy yarn though. Of course I did. I can't exactly write about a yarn haul without acquiring new yarn.

Its all so smooshy.


 This is West Yorkshire Spinners Exquisite in the colour way Truffle 049. It's a 80% Falkland wool and 20% mulberry silk. I'm in love with how soft it is. And it's such a wearable colour. I think I'll probably make a sweet sort of scarf/shawl? Its 800 meters so there's plenty for a decent sized project.

I could have bought this for the ball band alone. But it was also super good value. I know a lot of people aren't wild about Drops but this is so, so soft. The grey is colour 0501 and the tweedy blue/teal is 7240. The camera doesn't do this one justice at all. Really beautiful. I'm thinking perhaps a pair of mitts? Or a colour work hat. I'll figure it out.


Oh lads. This yarn. It's so deliciously bright. It's going to have to become socks because I am far too ginger to wear pink. But how could I not? It's Schoppel-wolle's Zauberball Crazy in the colourway 2095_ Indisch Rosa (which google translate tells me is Indian Pink). Its a fairly standard sock yarn, 75% super wash wool 25% nylon. The colour is super bright but it seems to be quite a loose ply so I'm intrigued to see how it'll knit up. 

One of my friends also gave me some of her hand spun, and it's not here because it deserves a whole post of it's very own. Because dudes HAND SPUN. 

Anyway I'm off to frantically finish my boot socks so I can justify casting on some thing new,

Minnie xox











Comments

Popular Posts